Henderson Dip takes on a new twist as a salad dressing when a teaspoon or two of water is added and stirred to a creamy consistency.
- Henderson Dip
- 2 Large Baked Chicken Breasts, room temp or cold
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- 4 Medium Roma Tomatoes, chopped (one per serving)
- 2 Large Avocados, sliced (1/2 Avocado per serving)
- 3 Slices of Cooked Bacon, crumbled
- 4 Cups of Greens- Any type (ice berg, romaine, spinach, kale, or mixed greens)
- Olive Oil
- Lemon Juice
- Salt & Pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Marinate chicken in buttermilk for 1-2 hours. Drain off buttermilk and season chicken with olive oil, lemon, salt and pepper. Place in baking dish and cover with foil. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until done, depending on thickness. Once cooked and cooled, slice chicken thin.
For Henderson Dip dressing, mix 4 tablespoons of Dip with 1 & 1/4 tablespoons water, which equals a little over 1/4 cup dressing. Depending on your needs, add more Dip and/or water for desired consistency.
Assemble either on individual plates or in a shallow bowl. Place sliced chicken, chopped tomatoes, and sliced avocado over greens of choice. Top with crumbled bacon and salt & pepper to taste. Drizzle with Henderson Dip dressing and serve!